Monday, November 9, 2015

11/09/15 - Clinton, North Carolina

Where do I begin?? Alright, I've got a lot to cover in not very much time. Let's see. In the past two weeks... Well, my last Tuesday in the MTC, we had a member of the Seventy come and he told us that if all goes according to plan, every mission in America should have iPads by the end of this year/early next year! So that's exciting! My companion broke his hand a few days before we left the CCM, so we spent a few nights in the hospital in the middle of Mexico City so he could have a surgery and what not. Last Monday I was able to talk to my family at the airport and it was amazing. I just want you all to know how amazing and how important families are! I know I love mine. SO much. I am serving in Clinton as my first area and it is a great little place! My companion and I are the only elders in the area so we speak both Spanish and English. It's actually one of the bigger areas of the mission so we are traveling all the time. I love the people though! After every single lesson I am in such a good mood and am just so happy to be out here serving the Lord! I want to hug every person I see and tell them that Christ loves them!! Our branch is full of amazing people and there actually is a sweet old lady that makes the missionaries lunch every Sunday. It was sooo goood!! Probably the first good meal I have had since I've been out to be honest.. My companion is great! His name is Elder Rogers and he is just about done with his mission. In fact, I'll probably be his last companion! He is the district leader so he's always on phone calls and in meetings and such and such. It's been great out here! The culture of the south is phenomenal! Pretty much everyone we teach is in a trailer home and I love it. There are trees EVERYWHERE!!! Hahaha it's the best. My mission president is President James and him and his wife are blessed people. They truly are so lovely. They are very loving and warm to everyone and I can tell already that It's going to be a great ride. It has been pretty tough at times to adjust to everything, but it has all worked out in the end. I often wish I could see or even hear my mother's voice, but then I remember that I am on an important mission for the work of the Lord! I testify that He will help with anything. There is nothing he cannot fix, there is nothing he has not felt, and there is no one he cannot succor. This past week has gone slowly, but I think future weeks will pick up. My address is 309 B Sampson St. Clinton, NC 28328 if anyone is wondering! I love you all and think about each one of you regularly. Keep being the wonderful people you are!!!

Lots of love,

Elder Shearer

Additional notes
1. The sandwich is his companion's specialty called "The Samoan." Ingredients include Ramen noodles, one egg, one hot dog, one chicken patty, lettuce, ranch, seasonings, and cheese. Glad to see missionaries have gotten more creative.
2. The first picture below is of Joey with President and Sister James, his mission president and wife. They're from Utah and have been out about 3 months.
3. The next picture is of Joey with his trainer, Elder Rogers.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment