Monday, December 21, 2015

12/21/15 - Clinton, North Carolina

Wow! This has been our busiest week yet! We found 7 new investigators, which brings us to 15 investigators!! We had 19 lessons this past week and it was just insanity. Everyday was already full by the time we got around to planning! With so many good things going on though, Satan is definitely working even harder on us and on our investigators. On of our super solid investigators has been going through some rough things and we're trying to keep him strong and happy! But man! Satan is really working hard!! Last Preparation day we went to Scotty Hill and played a whole bunch of games with the other missionaries! It was a blast! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures though.. We had to get our oil changed this week so that was fun! I can't remember which night it was, but one of our members took us out to a place called "Salem Pizza" and it is amazing!!! I told him how much I liked the rolls so he bought half a dozen for me to take home! Haha it was an incredible night. I have to give a talk in church next Sunday so that is really exciting for me! :) Last night we were in our church building and the bell rung so we went outside to see who it was and the Jehovah's Witnesses had left some papers on our car and had driven off! Honestly, just looking at those papers gave me such a gross feeling and I realized how sensitive the spirit is! And not only that, but also how true our church is! The Church of Jesus Christ! Oh, amazing story! Last Saturday we got a media referral from Church Headquarters for someone named Greg that had requested a Bible. We stopped by, gave him the bible, and started talking about the Book of Mormon. He said that he is a very religious person, had lost his bible, and was wanting a new one so he prayed about it and next thing he new, he was on the church's website! He said he knew that there was a reason he had been led to that site, so we testified of the power of the Book of Mormon! He told us that he believes we are angels sent to him from Heavenly Father. It was an amazing contact! Haha he started calling me "smiley" because I just couldn't stop grinning! I have found such a joy in the work of the Lord that is beyond comparison. It was a very powerful night. I gave myself a haircut today! Well, I am very excited for the Christmas season and absolutely cannot wait to talk to my family in 4 days!! Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope y'all have a delightful week!!! I love you all!

Smiling and happy,
Elder Shearer














No comments:

Post a Comment