Monday, December 28, 2015

12/28/15 - Clinton, North Carolina

Well, in case you weren't aware, this past week was Christmas week!! It was amazing. We had our Family Home Evening get cancelled last Monday, but we are doing it tonight instead! For our District Meeting on Wednesday, we did a White Elephant and I got a Christmas mug and some candy!! We also did the "Human Table" with all of the Elders and that was crazy exciting! It was a very fun time. :) So. We got stuck in the mud. Twice! On two different days! In the same spot! Haha I have no idea how we were dumb enough to do it a second time, but here we are. Thankfully we had a member right there to tow us out!! Christmas Eve went very well! We had two dinners and I don't know if I have ever been more stuffed! They were both Spanish dinners and they feed you SO MUCH!! One of our members told me that I look like a young version of Tom Cruise! Haha, yes!! I also saw a Dementor on the side of the road that night! It was crazy. Christmas was amazing. I started the day off with some of my Grandpa's famous donuts that he sent me and it was splendid. I then opened all of my gifts and I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that sent me Christmas gifts!!! I absolutely loved them all!! Although, I think the best of the bunch was getting the chance to Skype my family!! Holy cow, my family is so great! It was so amazing to see everyone again. I can't believe I've already been out for three months! I gave a talk in church yesterday and I think it went pretty well! My topic was why we need Jesus Christ, so it was pretty easy. ;) All in all, it was an incredible week! I hope y'all had a truly great Christmas and that you each have an even better New Year! Next time you hear from me, it will be 2016!!! I love you all.

Gaining unimaginable amounts of weight daily,
Elder Shearer























































No comments:

Post a Comment