Monday, February 22, 2016

02/22/16 - Clinton, North Carolina

What a week, what a week... Well, I'm gonna just jump right into it! Last Tuesday we met a man that claims he has superpowers and in the night he travels around the world as a spirit and saves people's lives. Apparently they see his name in golden letters on the ground and send him a bunch of fan mail too! He informed us that when he gets angry, he has the ability to see fire in his eyes and burn people straight to the underworld. He told me that I look like a movie star and that he used to be a millionaire in New York, but he died for an hour and in that hour somebody stole his identity and all of his money. And I guess he saw it happen in a dream like a month before he died! He told us that because he saw the faces of the people in him dream, it was really easy to find them and kill them. He also told us that he has been baptized by fire and had a paper with his name written on it explode into millions of pieces into the book of life. Yeah, a very interesting guy! Oh, he's from Panama by the way! So anyways, I went to a Panaderia this week which is basically a little Hispanic bread store and it was awesome!! Simply delicious. We lost more of our investigators this past week and it is so hard to see people drop us. The effect it's been having on me is just the worst! And I am more tired than I have ever been in my life! We are still tracting all the hours of every day. We had inspections last Friday and the Senior couple told us that we have one of the cleanest apartments in the mission! Whoo! We worked hard to get that place clean, let me tell ya! So the whole stereotype of dogs attacking you on your mission is so true! It seems like everywhere we go there is some dog we have to watch out for. We've started to keep a bag of dog treats in the car, and it's a good thing too! It's saved our lives more than just a few times. We went on exchanges last week and I was with my Godson again, Elder Christensen! He's a great missionary. Wow! I am starving. I have never hungered for something more in my entire life than I am right now for God's elect. All I can ever think about is finding finding finding!! I know that they're out there, but we just can't seem to find them. I think this just might be a trial of my faith.. But I will push on and continue fighting for the truth! God will ALWAYS help us accomplish what He calls us to do. I love you all and pray for you continually! Have a blessed week!!

Trying to make his Momma proud by keeping his apartment clean,
Elder Shearer

No comments:

Post a Comment