Monday, February 29, 2016

02/29/16 - Clinton, North Carolina

Why hello everyone!! So real fast because I don't have much time! I don't think I ever told anyone, but I play the piano each and every week for District Meetings! And sometimes for church! It's a blast. Elder Foote and I have had a long but very short week again. We tracted like crazy, obviously. One day actually, we tracted for 7 hours straight! It was crazy!! It is the end of the month and we have been running short on miles, so yesterday Elder Foote and I decided to walk to church! We went all the way there and all they way back. It was soooo far. (About 4 miles haha) But while we were walking this man on a horse came up to us and started chatting with us. He was from Mexico and he had long hair that was flowing in the wind. SO groovy. Anyways, he told us that we should buy some horses or something because it would be much faster than walking. It was a memory that I will never forget. I'm learning Spanish faster now by keeping a little book that I write words in I don't know to study! Our Branch Mission Leader just got changed to be the new Stake Patriarch so now we don't have a misson leader! Aah! He will be very good for that though. We had a Spanish family home evening yesterday and it was marvelous. I just love the Hispanic people so very much!! Crazy story! Last Wednesday we had a gnarly storm over here in North Carolina! There were three different Tornadoes all within 15 miles of us with 60 MPH winds and everything! We could see all the clouds going in different directions too, it was trippy! We got a text from our Zone leaders to get to the church for the rest of the day for safety so we just studied some Spanish and enjoyed the breeze for a while. But hey, I'm still here! :) Welp, it's been a good week. I hope y'all are doing well! I love you each. Happy Leap Year!!

On the market for a reasonably priced horse,
Elder Shearer




















No comments:

Post a Comment