Tuesday, October 6, 2015

10/06/15 - Mexico City, Mexico

This week has been remarkable. General Conference was of course the greatest thing ever. It was soooo cool to be able to watch it with all of the other missionaries! I feel like a really common theme was faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful to have living prophets on the Earth that can help us come closer to God. We had a little ping pong tournament this week with some guys in the gym and guess who won?!? Yup, that's right. Me. ;) That was actually a really fun day. My investigators are doing super well and my lessons continue to improve each time! Spanish wise I have found that the more time i take to study, the more Heavenly Father will be willing to bless me with the gift of tongues. Which is soooo real by the way. There have been countless times when I have remembered the perfect things to say in the perfect moment. Alright, so here in Mexico they have this cookie called a "Chokie" and it is AMAAAZING!!!! I seriously can't stop eating them. Life is pretty good here. I have hard times and some hard days, but ultimately, I know that I am here for the Lord and am so excited to serve him for the next two years. My sister is the best. Seriously! She sent me a care package of Krispy Kremes!! It was so magical. I love my sister so much and am grateful for her love for me. As I listened to Elder Holland's talk, I really started to realize how much my mother truly means to me. I love her more than I could ever put into words and am even more grateful for her many examples and sacrifices on my behalf. She has taught me so many things and strengthened me in times of need. She has carried me more than anyone else, save my Savior, Jesus Christ. My heart goes out to you Mom. My love for you is endless. I hope everything is going well at home and continue to pray for all of you! Thank you all for your support and for all of your prayers to me! I love you all and I know that this church is true!

Staying strong through Christ,

Elder Shearer















No comments:

Post a Comment