Tuesday, October 13, 2015

10/13/15 - Mexico City, Mexico

Holy cats these weeks are going by soooo quickly!!! I am already on week 4 and after today will only have 2 more P-days here in Mexico! I am so ready for the field though. I am excited to serve God even more than I already am and to truly be on his side of this battle! This week has probably been the best week so far. Yet at the same time, it has also been the toughest. But that's good! I've definitely learned that tough things are good things. Nothing that is easily will ever be worth it. And boy let me tell you how worth it this has been! I have never been closer to the spirit. I feel happiness and peace all the day long. Even when I am struggling with something or worried about somebody back home, I can feel the spirit truly testifying to me that all will be well. Last week we had what is called a TRC. Basically you get to meet with 2 less-active members for about 20 minutes each. It's kind of nerve wracking because you can't prepare anything for them because you obviously don't know their needs, but boy was it a great experience. I have realized that I love everyone so much!!! Seriously. I look into people's eyes and instantly feel God's love for them. It is such a blessing and makes missionary work all the more worth it! The Spanish is coming along so jivingly great. I can really feel myself progressing. I challenged my district to go solo espanol tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. I'm actually really excited for it and think that it will help all of us quite a bit. The Gift of Tongues is so real. I can truly testify that if you pray to the Lord with a humble and willing heart, he will fill your mouth with what you need to say. I have seen it happen so many times in my life and in the lives of my district members. I love my district! Sometimes they get a little rowdy and have a hard time focusing on the studying, but when they do, the Lord is with us. Guess what?!? There's no ice here or any AC so it gets preeeety hot. But hey, it's all good! Every Tuesday night we have Costco pizza night. Which is today!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! It's pretty much the greatest idea ever. Every Sunday night we have a movie night and this past Sunday we watched "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" and I balled through the entire movie. It is probably my favorite church film of all time. It got me so many times and hit me with so many touching quotes like "Shall we not go forth in so great a cause?" I love Joseph Smith and am so grateful for his sacrifice. I also realized that I never told this short little story so I'm going to tell it real fast! For like the entire first week I was here, each night as I took my name tag off and went to bed, I felt so overcome with many worldly fears. I couldn't understand why, but I knew God was trying to teach me something. Well, I finally figured it out. God was trying to teach me that as I am wearing Christ's name on my heart, I need to keep my heart on Christ. It is a very simple truth that is so profound and brings more blessings than I could ever imagine or even explain. So anyways, yeah! That was a neat experience. Hey, guess what else?? I'm losing weight! That's right! My pants barely fit me anymore! Hahaha they totally bunch up like crazy when I put my belt on. So take that one Dad! ;) But hey, it's probably because I'm eating such healthy food and exercising every single day! I got a haircut today! The lady only spoke Spanish so I couldn't tell her anything about what I wanted so I didn't even attempt. I just sat down and let my precious hair fall to the floor. Haha I'll attach a before and after pic so you all can see. This really has been a good week. I miss all of you so much and am excited to see you all again. But at the same time, I am very thrilled to get out to the field and begin the journey I will look back on for the rest of my life. Thank you all for all of your prayers, I can't even tell you how much I can feel them. The Lord is truly blessing me. Have a good week everyone, I love you all sooo much!!!

Serving the Lord with slightly less hair,

Elder Shearer

































No comments:

Post a Comment