Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10/20/15 - Mexico City, Mexico

This week was pretty rough. Last Wednesday during our gym time I was playing cage soccer and I think I went a little too hard. My heart wasn't doing very well so I told my comp we should probably leave. On the way out of the cage I blacked out and got pretty dizzy. I could barely walk so he and another Elder pretty much carried me home. It wiped all of my energy and I was out pretty much the rest of the day. I could barely even speak to my companions to tell them that this was normal for me! It was crazy. They all got really worried about me so they called the Doctor to come over to our casa and he gave me a check-up. I told him about my history with my health and he told me that he thinks I had a near syncopal event. (Not sure how to spell that.... haha) By the next day I was still just soooo exhausted so he came back over to our casa and did another check-up. Welp! It turns out that I have an intestinal virus. Unrelated from the heart problems, but still not that fun! So I was down for most of the second half of last week. It was pretty miserable, but alas! I am still alive!! Hahaha it's all good, I think i'll survive. I don't want any of you to worry about me as I've gone back to the doctor a few times and we think I will recover soon, but just thought I'd let you know what a crazy week it was! We also got a new district this past week and they are suuuper awesome!! I'm really excited for them. Guess what?!? Today is my last day of Accutane!!! Woooohhoooooo!! 5 months later and I did it! Haha take that acne!! ;) I gave a talk on Sunday in our sacrament meeting and I think it went really well! The topic was Faith in Christ and I gave the entire thing in Spanish! The spirit was really strong and I was very grateful for the opportunity to speak. It really wasn't a super productive week as I was sick for the most part of it, but another week under my belt! Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I can't remember what day it was, but I was walking home and this HUUUGGGEEE dragon fly came out of nowhere and started attacking my elbow! It was legitimately the size of my head, not even kidding. I tried to shake it off, but it was latched on there pretty tight! It was the weirdest feeling cause it was like sucking on my elbow! Hahaha my companions were all just laughing at me in the background. It was great. Anyways, I hope everything is going well at home! Thank you all for your emails, I'm sorry I don't have very much time here at the CCM so I can't reply to all of them, but know that I am reading them and truly appreciating them. I love you all so much!!

Perpetually sick yet still loving life,

Elder Shearer

No comments:

Post a Comment