Monday, March 7, 2016

03/07/16 - Clinton, North Carolina

This has been a good week! It turns out, it was my last week here in Clinton. I received a call late Saturday night telling me that I will be transferred to Siler City tomorrow. I was pretty upset to hear that I will be leaving Clinton as it has become so much a home to me! I will miss all of the people and the memories, but I know more than anything that God has a plan for me! He has a plan for each of us!! So this week we went and visited a member of our branch who is in the hospital for a big sore on her leg. I don't know if y'all remember from my other letters, but she is the burn victim that is currently missing her hands. We went to see her in the hospital and I was so grateful that we did because she was picking at her food with her arms with tears streaming down her face. She was not able to feed herself and was probably so hungry! I asked if I could help her eat and although reluctant, told me that I could. I was able to feed her the meal and help her get situated. It was the most incredible experience. I was so humbled as I walked out of the hospital praying to my Heavenly Father with thanks for that experience. I know that the Lord sends others to answer our prayers in times of need. Even if it is just a goofy 18 year old boy, He will take care of us! We also visited a less active that taught us many a things about gardening! I am pretty determined to start a garden this spring. It's going to be great! :) We went to the Temple on Friday for Elder Foote as he is going home and it was so beautiful!! A little small haha, but still very gorgeous. It was an amazing experience to go through the Temple with so many missionaries and our Mission President and his wife! Afterwards, we went to a few more panaderias (hispanic bread store) and they were delicious! One of them is called "Shelley's Mom's Bakery" and my oh my, it is incredible. We went on exchanges and I got to see some of my old missionary friends so that was fun as well! And yesterday in church, I said goodbye to all of my friends here in Clinton. It was pretty hard, but again I know that I am going where I need to go! The hymn "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" has such a greater meaning for me now as a missionary than ever before. But even though I am a little scared and also a little disheartened to be leavening, I have full faith in the Lord and in His plan for me. I will be reporting back next week from Siler City, North Carolina! I love you all! But more importantly, the Lord loves you too. Have a great week y'all. Stay classy.

Meticulously planning out his gardening ideas,
Elder Shearer

































No comments:

Post a Comment