Tuesday, March 15, 2016

03/15/16 - Siler City, North Carolina

First week in Siler City!!!! Wow. What a great week. Last preparation pay we had a district preparation day again​ and we toured a funeral home! We also had my last FHE with the Clinton branch. It was a very rough night and I was trying not to cry! There were a lot of really good friends that I had to say goodbye to last week.. But I suppose it's not really a goodbye, just a TTFN. So funny story with Transfer meeting last week! Last Tuesday I was supposed to meet my new companion and have him take me back to Siler City, BUT! That didn't happen. I went to the meeting and someone told me that he was at a doctor's appointment and I would have to go to Apex to wait for him. So I went to Apex with a different missionary and starting working until Elder Niko (my new companion) came to pick me up. Well long story short, we ended up doing an emergency exchange and I spent the night in Apex with the other missionary and didn't meet Elder Niko until Wednesday at Zone Training. I didn't even get to see my new area on my first day of the new transfer! Haha it was a crazy story. So super awesome fact! Our Stake Center is the church building right next door to the Temple!! And we go there every week for District meeting so I get to see the Temple a ton! Also, the meeting house for our ward is in what used to be a train station! It's super neat! Elder Niko has been making me dinner most nights and they are delicious! We made a homemade pizza one night. From scratch! There is a recent convert by the name of Genie and we go over to her house most days. She makes us food as well and she just loves the missionaries. Elder Niko and I did a tie trade and I guess that is rare for him! This was only his third tie trade of the mission! And I got one of his favorite ties (a tie that he has denied many other missionaries)! It was a good trade. But seriously, my new companion is incredible. Elder Niko is the man! He is a very loving person and serves everyone around him! He is a cancer survivor and is very strong in his testimony. It's a huge blessing, we are already like best friends after only a week! He has been out for 18 months and I am excited to learn some great lessons from him!! Well, thank you all for all that you do for me! I love y'all so much! Have another fantastic week!!

Obtaining unobtainable ties like a king,
Elder Shearer

P.S. My new address if anyone would like it is...

402 B Carolina Ave
Siler City, NC 27344




























No comments:

Post a Comment