Monday, March 28, 2016

03/28/16 - Siler City, North Carolina

What a week, what a week! Welp, I gave a dog a blessing. Yep, that's right. Just going to get it out in the open right now. I gave a terribly sick dog a blessing. Didn't know at the time if it was allowed or not, the handbook didn't say anything about animals qualifying for the blessings of the Priesthood or not, and we were being begged to give one so, we did. I since have realized that Priesthood blessings should be given according to the faith of the individual and no, I don't believe that dogs have a faith in Christ. But hey, it worked! The dog was healed! Oh, one more dog story. So every time we ride our bikes to the library, we ride by this huge dog. And every time we ride by it, it runs out into the street and chases us for about a mile until it stops. Well this week, it stopped at the edge of its yard and wasn't going to chase us! That is until Elder Niko decided to bark at it and then rode off crazy fast leaving me in the dust. It was the worst. He later told me "Hey, all I gotta do is outrun you and I'll be good!" What a kind companion. This week we went on exchanged with the other Elders in our district and I was with Elder Mortimer. He is a beast. We tracted, taught some lesson, ate at a Mexican Restaurant, and found a new investigator! Her name is Connie and after knocking on her door, she came outside and accidentally locked herself out of her house!! We walked all around and somehow helped her get back in (prayer works). She was so grateful for our help even though it was our fault she came outside in the first place and we had a discussion about the gospel! We gave her a Book of Mormon and she seemed very excited to read it. We visited a lot of less active members this week and actually have six of them come to church yesterday! Whoo!!! We also helped a lot of people move this week so needless to say, I'm getting pretty buff. I got a door slammed in my face this week! Literally! By a member. On accident. I think... Haha it made my eyebrow swell up like crazy so I will attach a picture of that. We have been more diligent in spending our time wisely this week. We have former-ed a few less actives that aren't progressing as well as a few investigators. It's very hard to tell someone that we can't come over as much because they aren't keeping commitments, but I suppose it's up to them to change it! It was a great Easter here in North Carolina. My family sent me the BEST package ever and church yesterday was beautiful as always. We are one our bikes again this week, but this time by choice. We still have our car, but very much enjoy the exercise that comes through bike riding! We rededicated our house this week because some creepy things have been happening and it is amazing to see how powerful the Priesthood is! My testimony of that has really grown this week. Elder Niko have begun playing Frolf each week! Also known as disc golf or Frisbee golf. It is really fun and exciting! As a matter of factuals, I believe we are headed to do that right after this. Wish me luck, i'm going to need it.. Well, I hope everyone had the best Easter ever! I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Let us constantly reflect on His infinite sacrifice on our behalf and through doing so, strive to become more like Him. I love y'all so much and hope you have a delightful week. Peace!

Still repenting for improperly using his Priesthood and blessing a dog,
Elder Shearer


































No comments:

Post a Comment